Career Advancement, Self-Help, Lifelong Learners
Jump-Start Your Career with Write for Business
According to Monster.com, employers seek job candidates with strong skills in written and oral communication, conflict resolution, and critical thinking. These soft skills predict workplace success—not only landing the job but getting the promotion.
“Soft skills are key to building relationships, gaining visibility, and creating more opportunities for advancement,” says Kathy Robinson, founder of Boston career-coaching firm TurningPoint.
So, how can you improve these skills, energize your résumé and cover letter, and get the job or promotion? In Write for Business Courses, you’ll learn to
- write effectively,
- communicate efficiently,
- think critically,
- solve problems creatively, and much more!
How can Courses improve my workplace writing?
I want to advance my career.
Learn about online courses that help you get the job and the promotion.
Write for Business Courses offer you a complete learning experience with self-paced lessons that build skill upon skill. Each lesson features clear instructions, helpful examples, and engaging activities that let you apply your learning in active-writing scenarios. You'll also receive Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and certification at the successful completion of each course.
Get started today with Effective Emails and Messages. It's free!
Then work your way through the whole sequence, progressing from basic grammar to advanced communication.
- Effective Emails and Messages Free
- Grammar for Professionals
- Fundamentals of Writing
- Writing for Results
- Clear Writing Through Critical Thinking
- Executive Writing
Write for Business Courses are cost-effective ($59.95) and always available with lifetime access. Combined with eTips and the reference Guide, Courses are your go-to resource, whether you are seeking a job, preparing for a promotion, or managing a business. Want to learn more? Take a Course walkthrough.
Write for Business Pricing
Pricing is the same for all courses.
How can eTips sharpen my communication skills each week?
I want writing reminders.
Get free grammar goodness delivered weekly to your email inbox.
Subscribe to eTips to get practical strategies for business communication delivered weekly to your email inbox. Each eTip includes clear instruction, helpful examples, and an activity to let you try out what you've learned.
Take a closer look at some recent eTips:
How can the Guide answer my workplace-writing questions?
I need to know the right way to write.
Find clear, helpful answers to workplace writing questions--for free.
Your free online Write for Business Guide contains all the help you need:
- You'll find specific strategies for planning your writing, drafting documents, and revising and editing your work.
- You'll discover the seven traits of effective writing, which help you diagnose problems and find solutions.
- You'll learn how to break bad news and persuade even resistant readers.
- You'll also discover guidelines for writing dozens of workplace forms such as emails, instructions, reports, and even résumés.
- Your very own "Proofreader's Guide" contains the key rules of punctuation, mechanics, usage, grammar, and sentences, with special supports for English language learners.
How can you get started? Just go to the Guide table of contents. At any time, you can also click on the magnifying glass icon at the top right of your screen and enter a search term.
Sign up today to use bookmarks and notes and to receive your free course, Effective Emails and Messages. Head over to your Library to use bookmarks and notes and to receive your free course, Effective Emails and Messages.
- Create an account for free. (Make sure the box is checked to receive weekly eTips.) Check the box at the bottom of the Account Settings page to receive weekly eTips.
- Try out your free course, Writing Effective Emails and Messages.
- Download the Write for the Job PDF for help with your résumé and cover letter.