Teams, Companies, and Organizations
Turn Soft Skills into a Competitive Advantage with Write for Business
The Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM) identified HR's “hard challenge” with “soft skills”:
“Soft skills—which are needed to effectively communicate, problem-solve, collaborate and organize—are becoming more important for success as the workplace evolves socially and technologically. The rub is that recruiters and employment experts report a ‘soft skills gap,’ especially among young workers more accustomed to texting than talking, that forces organizations to hire many candidates who fall short on interpersonal abilities.”
Write for Business Courses train employees in writing, critical thinking, and problem solving. Combined with weekly eTips and the always-available reference Guide, Write for Business offers unique and lasting value to forward-looking companies and teams.
Jump right in with our free course, Effective Emails and Messages, or keep reading to learn more.
How can Courses improve my employees' "soft skills"?
I want to improve my team’s writing.
Discover affordable, effective online courses for writing and communicating.
Write for Business Courses teach writing and communication online and on-demand. Participants read instruction, watch videos, complete activities, take quizzes, and measure their learning in pre- and post-assessments—all at their own pace. You can see their overall progress or drill down to individual responses. And you can brand the courses with your institution's name and logo. Participants who successfully complete a course receive certification with your branding and the CEUs earned.
- Effective Emails and Messages Free
- Grammar for Professionals
- Fundamentals of Writing
- Writing for Results
- Clear Writing Through Critical Thinking
- Executive Writing
This leveled set of courses accommodates a wide range of job functions. For only $59.95 per course, elevate your team's internal and external communication, critical thinking, and problem solving skills; and improve your bottom line. Want to learn more? Take a Course walkthrough.
Write for Business Pricing
How do eTips provide free, ongoing instruction to my team?
I need weekly writing support for employees.
Get free strategies and activities to improve your team’s writing.
You can also help your employees retain their learning and gain new skills by having them subscribe to free, weekly eTips. They learn practical strategies for communication, complete engaging activities, and apply their new skills immediately to the writing they do in your workplace.
Check out these recent eTips:
How can the Guide support my employees' communication?
I need a style guide for my team.
Check out a free, online handbook for workplace writing.
Write for Business Courses and eTips teach your team how to use the free online Guide to answer all of their workplace-writing questions. Your employees can discover practical answers to questions like these:
- How can I avoid the most common errors?
- What are the rules for using commas correctly?
- Where can I find rules for grammar and sentences?
- What is passive voice and how can I get rid of it?
- How can I write more effective emails?
- How should I use social media for business?
- How can I persuade resistant readers?
- What's the best way to break bad news?
- What are the best practices for management writing?
- Create an account to check out our free course, Head over to your Library to check out our free course, Writing Effective Emails and Messages. (If you like it, sign up the team!)
- Have your team subscribe to eTips for weekly soft-skills improvement.
- Download the Workplace Communication Survey PDF to gauge your business's communication needs.